Commonly Asked Questions
The journey is always in the destination when you book your unforgettable cruises at Carnival Cruise Line.
A combined focus on family, all-age groups, fun, excitement and affordability adds up to the ultimate escape on board a Carnival Cruise Line ship.
What destinations does Carnival Cruise Line visit?
Carnival Cruise Line visits a range of awe-inspiring destinations, which include:
- Ports throughout Australia (including a Melbourne Cup cruise, Moreton Island, Great Barrier Reef and Tasmania cruises departing Sydney; and an Adelaide cruise departing Melbourne).
- New Zealand (departing Melbourne and docking at various ports, including Wellington, Dunedin, and Akaroa).
- Pacific Islands (Carnival departs on an eight-night cruise with port visits including Noumea, Mare and Isle of Pines).
- Hawaii (set sail from Sydney and travel through Noumea, Nuku'alofa, Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora, before arriving at Honolulu to explore the Hawaiian capital's natural wonders and swim in turquoise waters).
Best places to go on a cruise?
You're limited only by imagination when you book a cruise ship destination with an endless range of cruise ship offers.
Set sail from or to:
- Port Vila, Vanuatu (Carnival offers a range of Pacific Islands cruises to this port and other exotic destinations).
- Singapore (an unforgettable 15-night cruise departing Singapore and arriving in Sydney, with port visits including Bali, Komodo Island, Darwin, Airlie Beach and Moreton Island).
- Moreton Island (offered as a single destination or part of multi-port cruise deals at Carnival).
- Papeete, French Polynesia (set sail to French Polynesia with Carnival).
What destinations do people in Australia go on a cruise to?
A dream destination to Honolulu, Mystery Island, Port Douglas, Napier, Bora Bora and countless other locations can be reached with maximum comfort and the spirit of fun on board a Carnival Cruise Line voyage.
Best cruise destination for families?
The best cruise destination for families generally feature shorter cruise routes, of which there are many with Carnival Cruise Line.
These include cruises to:
- Tasmania (Experience Hobart and historic Port Arthur with a Carnival cruise).
- Great Barrier Reef (this breathtaking cruise deal departs Sydney, docking at Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Yorkeys Knob (Cairns), Port Douglas and enjoy scenic cruising in Willis Creek).
- Moreton Island (Carnival offers a standalone cruise to Moreton Island or you can explore this stunning sand island onboard your Singapore to Sydney cruise).
- Weekend Sampler (an invigorating three-night cruise).
- Darwin (Carnival's Singapore to Sydney cruise captures the tropical beauty of Darwin on the way back).
WHAT ARE THE SAFEST CRUISE DESTINATIONS?
Absolutely every destination is the safest when you choose from our last minute cruises, Weekend Samplers or extended cruise packages from Australia with Carnival.
Unforgettable family adventures are assured with exciting destinations and shore excursions, a range of accommodation options (including staterooms and balcony cabins) and superb facilities.
Carnival also offers convenient services, such as an onboard credit system for all your additional purchases and day spa therapy. You can access all the information you need to know at the FAQ section, online at Carnival, prior to booking your cruise deal and for all your check-in requirements.
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR CRUISE DESTINATIONS?
The most popular cruise destinations with Carnival include Weekend Samplers in Sydney, Moreton Island, The Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand, Pacific Islands and Hawaii.
WHAT CRUISE DESTINATIONS REQUIRE A PASSPORT?
If you are planning a shore excursion at any international destination, a passport that is valid for six months after your cruise date is required for registration.
This includes stops in New Zealand, onboard your cruise, visiting the Pacific Islands and any port outside Australian waters.