To make something this delicious takes some delicious ingredients. Use these:
- 60mL Grand Marnier liquor
- 230g sugar
- 560g mascarpone cheese
- 20 lady finger cookies
- 10 egg yolks
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 90mL marsala wine
You’re gonna have to make some coffee syrup. Here’s what you’ll need for that:
- 60mL Kahlúa
- 1 cup water
- 55g sugar
- 55g instant coffee powder
Now you put it all together:
- You have a double boiler, right? (If not, search the Internet for how to improvise an alternative. It’s not hard!) Use it to prepare a sabayon with yolks and sugar. (If that term’s Greek to you, search the Internet for info. Oh, and it’s actually French!)
- Cream the mascarpone cheese and mix it into the sabayon.
- Add the marsala, liquor and whipped cream — fold in the sabayon mixture and keep it in the fridge.
- To make the syrup, dissolve the instant coffee in hot water, then mix in the sugar and Kahlúa. Then let it cool in the fridge.
- Soak the ladyfingers — hey, you know, isn’t that a funny name for a cookie? — in the coffee syrup and arrange one layer of cookies on the bottom of the serving glass.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the sabayon mixture into the cup.
- Fancy bonus! Arrange an optional garnish — some ideas: chocolate ruffles, marbled chocolate flakes, cocoa, sugar rocks, marzipan coffee beans