As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is pausing operations for all Australian sailings departing from 15 March 2020 through to and including 19 May 2021, as well all Carnival Spirit sailings through to and including 12 June 2021.
- Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 19 May 2021
- Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 12 June 2021
On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your holiday plans and trust you understand this decision was made with everyone’s best interest at heart.
Since we'd love nothing more than to welcome you back just as soon as we resume operations, we're pleased to present the following Enhanced Value Option for those booked on affected cruises as follows:
|Current Cruise Length
||Option 1 - Enhanced Value
||Option 2 - What you paid
6 nights or more
100% Future Cruise Credit
PLUS AUD$900 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom on your next cruise if booked by 30 September 2021 for sailing by 30 April 2023.
5 nights or less
100% Future Cruise Credit
PLUS AUD$450 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom on your next cruise if booked by 30 September 2021 for sailing by 30 April 2023.
- If you are happy with our Enhanced Value offer of the FCC plus OBC, you don’t need to do a thing. We will apply them to your profile.
- If you would prefer to cancel, please complete the form here. Nothing further is needed from you except this
form. Please be patient if you reach out to us as we are experiencing high call volume. Please note that refunds will take up to 90 days to be processed.
- You have until 30 September 2021 to make a selection or you will automatically receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit.
- Whichever option you select, it will apply to all guests on the reservation.
- If you are already holding a cancelled reservation, you now also have until 30 September 2021 to make a selection.
- Please refer to the communication you received from Carnival for the complete terms and conditions.
Regardless of the option you select; your beverage, Wi-Fi packages and Fun Shop purchases will be refunded to the original form of payment.
If you have independent air, we encourage you to contact your airline carrier directly as they are being flexible with change fees.
Once again, we want to say how sorry we are that we won't be able to continue with our plans to operate your cruise. Thanks for hanging in there with us. We look forward welcoming you aboard a Carnival cruise in the future!
Cruise Industry Health & Safety Guidance
Carnival Corporation’s highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, protecting the environment, and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the communities we visit and our crew members. We have been working with a number of world-leading public health and policy experts to support our ongoing efforts for developing enhanced protocols and procedures for the return of cruise holidays based on the latest knowledge around COVID-19 protection and mitigation.
We are also an active member of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), which is dedicated to serving as an industry forum to share knowledge and promote high standards in health, safety and operations. Through our collaboration with CLIA and other industry partners, we are also engaged with some of the world’s top medical experts and scientists, who are providing valuable insight to inform the ongoing and evolving development of new and enhanced protocols based on the latest scientific evidence and best practices to protect public health. We are working together as one united industry focused on the well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit.
CLIA Australasia, in partnership with Carnival Australia and other CLIA cruise line members, is engaged with governments and health authorities at federal, state and territory levels to inform them on the work cruise lines are doing internationally, and discussing a pathway towards resumption of cruising in Australia.
CLIA has put forth to the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) an industry-wide restart plan for cruising from U.S. homeports. The restart plan incorporates input from Carnival Corporation and our individual brands, along with fellow members of CLIA. Our team is continuing to refine Carnival Cruise Line’s return to service plan and CLIA’s guiding principles will serve as the foundation.
Some of the elements you can expect are the following:
- 100% testing of all guests and team members
- Policies with regard to wearing masks by all guests and team members, in designated venues and environments on board the ship and during shore excursions
- Enhanced medical staffing, facilities, equipment, onboard testing capabilities and quarantine/isolation resources
- Shore excursions limited to only those providers who can uphold our own protocols and denied boarding to guests who fail to abide by shore excursion protocols.
Please visit CLIA'S COVID-19 Resources Page for more information.