Skip to Main Content
Subscribe & Save!
Never Miss a Cruise Deal
Sign up for special offers direct to your inbox
Thank you for signing up!
to learn more about our specials
What's it like?
Where can I go?
Find A Cruise
Cruise Terminal Sydney
What to Pack
Select a Destination
What to Pack
What to pack
Separate carry-on bag
Your suitcases will be delivered directly to your stateroom on your behalf. However, as these may not arrive until later in the day we suggest that you take a small carry-on bag with a change of clothes, swimming costume and any medication you may need.
Plenty of sunscreen
Make sure you have enough for your entire cruise!
Bring everyday casual clothes for day wear, include some smart casual options for the public lounges and restaurants. Don’t forget something smart for Cruise Elegant dinners.
We suggest dress trousers, dress shirts, sports jacket, tuxedos even, for the men & cocktail dresses, pant suits, elegant skirts and blouses, ballgowns even, for the women.
The number of Cruise Elegant evenings will be determined by the length of your cruise:
1-day cruise: none
2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings
We also hold theme nights on each cruise where you have the chance to dress up and join in on the fun planned. Don't forget to pack your costume or props.
The number of Theme Nights is also determined by the length of your cruise:
3 day: Mexican Fiesta Deck Party
4 - 5 day: 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party
6 days or longer: Mexican Fiesta Deck Party, 80s Rock 'n' Glow Deck Party, Caribbean/Island Theme Night in the dining room
With Carnival Cruise Lines you can enjoy cashless cruising by paying for shipboard expenses with your Sail & Sign Card, which can be settled by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or AMEX) or debit card (Visa or MasterCard). Additionally, ATM facilities are available onboard.
Take some low-denomination Aussie notes, $5/$10 are ideal, for the market stalls on the islands.
Take a small backpack – great to keep everything together as you explore your destination ports. Include:
- A small sample of hand sanitiser for cleaning hands on-shore,
- Remember to pack your snorkels and goggles if you'd like to snorkel (these can be rented or purchased onboard the ship, for a fee),
- Beach/Reef shoes are handy as many island beaches are crushed coral and it can be sharp.
No need to bring:
- Beach towels – are provided and can be taken ashore,
- Bath robes – there’re two in every stateroom,
- A hairdryer – there’s one in every stateroom,
- Travel iron/laundry detergent – there’re full laundry facilities on board,
- A travel adapter – all staterooms are fitted with a standard Australian 3-point plug. Multi-plug box outlets/Powerboards are not permitted onboard. However, should you require a multi-plug box/powerboard, please ask your Stateroom Steward who will be able to supply you one for the duration of your cruise.
Need some help?
Call to speak with one of our agents
AUS 1300 385 625
NZ 0800 442 095
Pack & Go
Book A Cruise
Find a Cruise
What to Pack
Cruise Ticket Contract
Passenger Bill Of Rights
Wiggle for Westmead
Press / Media
World's Leading Cruise Lines
Fun for all. All for fun.
© 2016 Carnival Cruise Line.
All rights reserved.
terms and conditions